Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded 1.1% higher against the U.S. dollar during the one day period ending at 16:00 PM ET on February 2nd. Over the last week, Ethereum Classic has traded up 48.1% against the U.S. dollar. One Ethereum Classic coin can currently be bought for $35.22 or 0.00324727 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including ACX, Coinbene, CoolCoin and Livecoin. Ethereum Classic has a market capitalization of $3.52 billion and approximately $422.94 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 7.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $10,880.70 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 2.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $969.00 or 0.08935100 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $1,533.29 or 0.14138500 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded up 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $230.09 or 0.02121690 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded up 11.1% against the dollar and now trades at $323.35 or 0.02981580 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $141.41 or 0.01303970 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 2.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $488.01 or 0.04499890 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 37.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0905 or 0.00000835 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded 2.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9.45 or 0.00087132 BTC.
About Ethereum Classic
Ethereum Classic (ETC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Ethash hashing algorithm. It was first traded on July 30th, 2015. Ethereum Classic’s total supply is 99,930,321 coins. The Reddit community for Ethereum Classic is /r/EthereumClassic and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Ethereum Classic’s official message board is forum.ethereum.org. Ethereum Classic’s official Twitter account is @eth_classic and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official website for Ethereum Classic is www.ethereum.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic. “
Ethereum Classic Coin Trading
Ethereum Classic can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bibox, xBTCe, Bitfinex, Quoine, Poloniex, Tidex, bitFlyer, Bitcoin Indonesia, Kucoin, RightBTC, DSX, Koinex, Coinone, Liqui, Bitinka, Mr. Exchange, BTCTurk, Huobi, BX Thailand, COSS, CoolCoin, BitBay, Gatecoin, Tidebit, BTC Markets, CoinEgg, Koineks, ACX, Gate.io, CoinExchange, QuadrigaCX, ChaoEX, Livecoin, EXX, Coinut, OKEx, BitGrail, CEX.IO, Independent Reserve, ZB.COM, HitBTC, Bitbank, Bancor Network, Cobinhood, Gatehub, Allcoin, WEX, Korbit, Bittrex, Lbank, Bitstamp, GDAX, YoBit, EtherDelta, TOPBTC, CoinFalcon, Binance, Bithumb, Coinbene, Mercatox, Upbit, BigONE, Bitso, Coinsquare, BtcTrade.im, Kraken, Coinrail, Bit-Z, Qryptos, Coinnest, Cryptopia, Gemini, GOPAX and Exmo. It is not currently possible to buy Ethereum Classic directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Ethereum Classic must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Ethereum Classic using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Ethereum Classic Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Ethereum Classic and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.