Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded 0.7% lower against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 20:00 PM ET on March 9th. In the last week, Ethereum Classic has traded 27.1% lower against the US dollar. Ethereum Classic has a market capitalization of $2.25 billion and approximately $501.29 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Ethereum Classic coin can now be bought for approximately $22.45 or 0.00242530 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Coinut, EtherDelta, xBTCe and QuadrigaCX.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $9,358.97 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded up 5.1% against the dollar and now trades at $735.07 or 0.07942660 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 2.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1,062.44 or 0.11480000 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 8.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $190.05 or 0.02053510 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $288.79 or 0.03120430 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded 22.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $12.18 or 0.00131615 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $85.92 or 0.00928395 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 1.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $309.49 or 0.03344170 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $2.54 or 0.00027435 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Coin Profile
ETC is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Ethash hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was July 30th, 2015. Ethereum Classic’s total supply is 100,397,760 coins. Ethereum Classic’s official Twitter account is @eth_classic and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Ethereum Classic is /r/EthereumClassic and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official message board for Ethereum Classic is forum.ethereum.org. Ethereum Classic’s official website is www.ethereum.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic.”
Buying and Selling Ethereum Classic
Ethereum Classic can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: HitBTC, Gate.io, Poloniex, Kraken, Liqui, Livecoin, Binance, Lbank, Koineks, Coinrail, Coinut, Mr. Exchange, TOPBTC, Bitso, EXX, Bitfinex, Qryptos, BtcTrade.im, Korbit, Gatecoin, Bibox, Coinnest, ACX, Bittrex, WEX, xBTCe, Coinsquare, CEX.IO, Huobi, Tidebit, ZB.COM, Cobinhood, BX Thailand, EtherDelta, Bitstamp, Independent Reserve, Gatehub, COSS, Bithumb, Quoine, Kucoin, GOPAX, Upbit, CoinFalcon, Tidex, DSX, GDAX, Coinone, BTC Markets, Allcoin, Mercatox, Koinex, RightBTC, Bancor Network, Bit-Z, CoolCoin, Exmo, BitGrail, Gemini, Bitinka, BigONE, bitFlyer, YoBit, Bitbank, ChaoEX, CoinEgg, OKEx, QuadrigaCX, Cryptopia, CoinExchange, Bitcoin Indonesia, Coinbene, BitBay and BTCTurk. It is not possible to purchase Ethereum Classic directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum Classic must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Ethereum Classic using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.